Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Welcome


Welcome to my new blog. This project is my Capstone Project to fulfill the requirements of the Master of Liberal Arts degree at Middle Tennessee State University. I am excited to begin posting new content that I hope you will find interesting, useful, inspiring, or informative.

I will be examining topics related to the liberal arts through the lens of social class. Throughout my education in the MALA (Master of Liberal Arts) program, I have been exposed to many academic disciplines and how they relate to the notion of community. One constant within my study of "community" was the necessity for people to cooperate to achieve common goals. I find it interesting that communities and people belonging to them are often stratified into distinct social classes. I question how this can be productive, equitable, and conducive to progress. Therefore, my goal is to examine how people are arranged into different classes and how that impacts society. I plan to investigate the American notion of social class as well as how class structures exist globally. I seek to determine how people are included and excluded from social groups and the methods by which they transition from one to another.


1 comment:

  1. Looks good, Chase. Have fun building this, I look forward to learning from it with you!

    ReplyDelete